Experience with Nginx Web and Proxy Servers
The person who earns this badge has experience and know-how to:
- Install and configure as many websites as needed on a real Nginx Web Server using real domain names on the Internet.
- Install and configure websites on Nginx with real SSL Certificates, getting an A+ on Qualys SSL Test.
- Deploy PHP web applications on Nginx, such as eCommerce platforms based on WordPress and PayPal.
- Secure other real HTTP web servers like Apache Tomcat, NodeJS, or IIS by configuring Nginx as a Proxy Web Server with real SSL Certificates. This includes firewall rules to secure the infrastructure.
- Secure files by adjusting modes and ownership.
The earner has successfully implemented several infrastructures on the Internet combining real Linux and Windows servers with real DNS domains and subdomains and real SSL certificates. Different platforms have been used, such as Google Cloud Console and Amazon AWS.
Eventually, during an individualized oral exam, the earner has satisfactorily answered all the questions explaining the security measures configured and their mechanisms.